Consulting Engineer for Model-Based Design deployment
This position requires a combination of skills involving software development, auto industry domain expertise and consultant. The candidate will support a major corporate customer to deploy Model Based Design with MathWorks tools at customer-site as the first job. The support will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and providing customized solutions for advanced applications.
This position will be part of a large international consulting team and this role is a full-time staff position, based in Nagoya Japan.
- Work directly with target customer at customer-site, understand customer's Model Based Design workflows to provide technical advices on how to realize them with MathWorks tools effectively and establish technical procedures for MBD deployments
- Establish MBD deployment requirements, determine how to use existing features most effectively and work with MathWorks other engineers (including development engineers) to implement required features
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy.
- Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of MBD, including Simulink, Embedded Coder and V&V tools, in complex production deployments
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- 3+ years MBD experience in the design and development of automotive systems
- Experience using Simulink, Stateflow and other MathWorks tools for controls or software development
- Knowledge of PCG & V&V
- Strong ability and motivation to work with customer at customer-site and turn their needs into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Fluent Japanese and basic English (TOEIC Score is 600+ or equivalent)
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-tasks
- Automatic code generation experience (EC or TargetLink)
- V&V experience (SLDV, SLVV or BTC tool)
- Familiar with AUTOSAR and/or ISO 26262
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here