Device Driver Blocks
A device driver block is a specialized form of the MATLAB System block that generates custom C/C++ code when deployed to a Xilinx® Zynq® platform. Device driver blocks provide easy access to hardware board features, such as communication protocols or hardware libraries, not available in the Embedded Coder Support Package for Xilinx Zynq Platform.
You can develop a device driver block from a template System object™ and then share the completed blocks with other users.
Learn the system requirements and recommended skills to develop device driver blocks for ARM® Cortex®-A based hardware boards.
- Structure of Device Driver System Object
Understand the concepts and operation of device driver blocks implemented using System object.
- Create a Digital Write Block
Create a Digital Write block using a System object.
- STEP 1: Create a Project Folder
- STEP 2: Write the Hardware-Specific C/C++ Code
- STEP 3: Select a System Object Template
- STEP 4: Specify the Initialization, Output, and Termination Behavior
- STEP 5: Test System Object on MATLAB Command Line
- STEP 6: Create the MATLAB System Block
- STEP 7: Generate Code and Deploy the Model to the Hardware
- Create a Digital Read Block
Create a Digital Read block using a System object.
- Block Mask
Create block masks for your device driver blocks.
- Simulation with Device Driver Blocks
Choose and implement a data simulation mode for device driver blocks.
- Sharing Device Driver Blocks with Other Users
Package and distribute your device driver blocks.