Wireless Communications Onramp
Access to MATLAB through your web browser
Engaging video tutorials
Hands-on exercises with automated assessments and feedback
Lessons available in English only
Select a Lesson to Get Started
Familiarize yourself with communications concepts and the course.
Simulate a Basic Digital Communications Link
Implement the essential components of a single-carrier digital communications system.
- Anatomy of a Digital Communications System
- Modulation and Demodulation
- Adding Noise
- Calculating the Bit Error Rate (BER)
Incorporate transmit and receive filters into your simulation.
- Why Filter a Signal?
- Transmit and Receive Filters
- Filter Delay and BER Calculation
Model a multipath channel and evaluate the impact on link quality.
- What Is a Multipath Channel?
- Model a Multipath Channel
Implement orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing (OFDM), a multicarrier modulation scheme.
- What Is OFDM?
- OFDM Modulation with the Inverse FFT
- Practical OFDM
- Frequency Domain Equalization
- Null Subcarriers
Learn next steps and provide feedback on the course.