The Prerelease is available only through downloads on your MathWorks account. In order to be able to download the Prerelease, you must be associated to a license under maintenance and you must be granted permissions to download. The License Administrators have this access by default. If you are associated with a license, and do not have permission to download, contact your license administrator or asset manager.
NOTE: The Prerelease is only available in the period prior to the general release. If you have access to download MATLAB, you will be notified when it is available.
Once you have access to download from a standard license, you can request the prerelease here:
1) Select Download under Licensed Products and Updates
2) Click on the Prerelease icon on the bottom right hand sight of the screen, beneath the Download Earlier Release section.
3) Follow the remaining steps to get the Prerelease for your computer.
Once you have logged into your MathWorks account, select the Prerelease version, select your Platform and click Continue. You can then download the installer and begin setting up the Prerelease installation.
Once you have the installer, you will need to install and activate the Prerelease. If you have an Internet connection, you can do both by signing into your MathWorks account when the installer prompts you to do so. This will complete the process automatically.
If you do not have Internet access at the machine you are installing MATLAB, you will need to manually activate. To do so, make sure you have downloaded the installation files first. Once complete:
1) Go to your Trials, Prereleases, and Betas in the License Center here:
2) Select the row for your Prerelease in the list by clicking on it.
3) Once the Prerelease loads, click on the Activation and Installation tab.
4) Once that tab loads, click on the "Activate" button on the right.
5) Select your machine's Operating System and enter in the HostID of the machine you wish to activate and press Continue. If you do not know what the HostID of your machine is, click the link that says "How do I find my Host ID?" on the activation screen.
6) You can then retrieve the License File for your computer, or have these emailed to you. This will allow you to complete an offline activation.
If you are having issues downloading or installing your trial, contact the Installation and Licensing team here: