MATLAB Answers

do you have a rate for retirees?

1 view (last 30 days)
greg copeland
greg copeland on 27 Oct 2020
Answered: Walter Roberson on 27 Oct 2020
I recently retired and am interested in continuing to use Matlab for personal and possibly for use in generating a few papers in my field of interest.
I used Matlab for over 30 years

Answers (2)

Cris LaPierre
Cris LaPierre on 27 Oct 2020
Agree with Star Strider, though that link specifically says they do not follow up on Student or Home license requests, which is likely what you want. Try this link.


Sign in to comment.

Walter Roberson
Walter Roberson on 27 Oct 2020
For personal interest there is the Home license. Unfortunately that does not allow access to some of the toolboxes, and is limited to 1000 virtual blocks (Simulink).
However the Home license cannot be used for research papers, as those are considered to not be "personal" use. Unfortunately the only applicable license for research papers is the full license..
If you retired from a research organization or university, then as far as Mathworks is concerned, it is acceptable for the organization to grant you Emeritus status of some form or other, and continue to provide you with access through their licence, if they are so inclined.


Sign in to comment.

Community Treasure Hunt

Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!

Start Hunting!

Translated by