Highlights
Segui

Il sondaggio è CHIUSO

Sondaggio

Which toolbox would be most useful if you were stranded on a deserted island?

Satellite Communications Toolbox
53%
Mapping Toolbox
9%
Signal Processing Toolbox
14%
Navigation Toolbox
19%
Other (Explain in comments)
4%
2403 voti

Louis-Philippe Guinard
Louis-Philippe Guinard il 16 Dic 2021

if(stranded) send(help) end

Just humoring a bit :) Have a nice day!

Abhishek Gupta
Abhishek Gupta il 15 Dic 2021

no one sits on the island and code. The mapping toolbox will direct at least.

James Latshaw
James Latshaw il 13 Dic 2021

A toolbox for modeling physics would be most helpful. Your best chance would be to build a radio capable of sending Morse code SOS into the ether and hope that someone can detect and come save you.

ho-hyun Sung
ho-hyun Sung il 13 Dic 2021

Machine learning toolbox or deep learning toolbox is more better for me. Because it can help 'Wilson's talking.

mohammad zahiri
mohammad zahiri il 10 Dic 2021

What first we need: Cooking toolbox!

Won-Doo Seo
Won-Doo Seo il 9 Dic 2021

Me : Give me a MATLAB / ?? : But there's a Satellite Communications Toolb... / Me : M A T L A B

Pepijn Goossens
Pepijn Goossens il 8 Dic 2021

give me a windmill with it

Hao Mu
Hao Mu il 7 Dic 2021

If I am stranded on a deserted island, I don't think there will be electricity and computers, then none of the toolboxes can be used.

Gabriel Sobola
Gabriel Sobola il 7 Dic 2021

What of if you navigate your way to another strange land or probably an unknown destination. Mapping tools might work but what of if you lack the resources needed for the escape or possibly there is a large body of ocean you need to cross to the other side. With the Satellite communication tools, you can always get linked up with any region through space (unhindered) where you could get help from nearby station, probably to be picked up by an aircraft or any other means.

Sreejath S
Sreejath S il 6 Dic 2021

Forget about any other tool boxes. Get a real tool box, repair your damaged boat and escape from the island :D

Simon Heer
Simon Heer il 5 Dic 2021

A aerospace toolbox. Build a plane/heli and fly away ;)

Thomas Jakiela
Thomas Jakiela il 4 Dic 2021

Parallel computing toolbox to run the finite element model of your escape sail boat

Miguel D. Martinez
Miguel D. Martinez il 3 Dic 2021

A mechanics toolbox.

Uwe von Borries
Uwe von Borries il 3 Dic 2021 (Modificato il 3 Dic 2021)

All of these would only aid in leaving the island if I had time, power, an RF transmitter, a computer running Matlab and more. Why would I want to leave the island then?

DGM
DGM il 2 Dic 2021 (Modificato il 2 Dic 2021)

Use the Global Optimization toolbox to identify the globe with the optimal position for the current island. Then walk to the mainland via the isthmus.

What do you mean it doesn't work like that?

Adam Danz
Adam Danz il 2 Dic 2021 (Modificato il 2 Dic 2021)

It's safe to assume we have an energy source, perhaps wired up from a crashed plane or from an underground DHARMA initiative bunker but I'd assume we don't have internet access. Modeling and visualizing satellite orbits won't be useful. Unless we have sensors, signal processing would have limited use, navigation may be important but the current Navigation Toolbox isn't equipped for roadless jungles. The Mapping Toolbox, however, may be helpful to localize your current position which is necessary to plan an escape.

Rena Berman
Rena Berman il 2 Dic 2021

This is such a great answer :)

Yair Altman
Yair Altman il 2 Dic 2021

Why, the Wavelet Toolbox naturally :-) (as in deserted island => wavelets)

Chen Lin
Chen Lin il 2 Dic 2021

Why did you make that choice? Share your thoughts in the comments.

Tag

Non è stata ancora inserito alcun tag.