These are the M-files that accompany the webinar titled "Using MATLAB® and the Statistics Toolbox™ for Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)." The original webinar may be found here
This demo shows how to use MATLAB and the Statistics and Optimization Toolboxes to improve the design of an automobile's engine cooling fan using DFSS methodology. Some of the analysis includes:
- Assessing the performance of the initial design
- Designing experiments to investigate factors that influence performance
- Mathematically modeling the impact of these factors
- Selecting factor settings that optimize performance
- Running Monte Carlo simulations to forecast performance variability
- Controlling the processes to maintain improvements gained with new design
To run this demo, execute Fandemo.m in cell execution mode.
>> load Originalfan
??? Error using ==> load
Unable to read MAT file Originalfan.mat
File may be corrupt.
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.