Houman Zarrinkoub, MathWorks
In this webinar, we will showcase new tools and capabilities of MathWorks products enabling you to optimize your MATLAB-to-implementation workflow with the Embedded MATLAB language subset. Embedded MATLAB consists of more than 270 MATLAB operators and functions and 100 Fixed-Point Toolbox functions that can be compiled into efficient and numerically reliable code, for embedded applications. We examine various stages of the design workflow from modeling and simulation, to converting the design from a floating-point to a fixed-point representation, and finally automatically generating C code or VHDL/Verilog code for deployment onto DSP or FPGA hardware.
Through demonstrations, you will learn how to use specific features of MATLAB, Fixed-Point Toolbox, Simulink, Real-Time Workshop, Simulink HDL Coder, and related products to:
• Customize your generated code for design constructs such as stream processing, persistent state variables and complex numbers
• Ensure your algorithms is consistent with the Embedded MATLAB subset by using the M-Lint checker of the MATLAB Editor
• Streamline the process of converting your design from a floating-point to a fixed-point numerical representation
• Automatically generate C code (both floating-point and fixed-point) from your Embedded MATLAB code directly from MATLAB desktop
• Automatically generate VHDL/Verilog code from Simulink models that include the Embedded MATLAB blocks
Recorded: 21 Oct 2008
Select a Web Site
Choose a web site to get translated content where available and see local events and offers. Based on your location, we recommend that you select: .Select web site
You can also select a web site from the following list:
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.