Signal Analysis and Visualization
Visualize, preprocess, and explore signals using Signal Analyzer app
The Signal Analyzer app is an interactive tool for visualizing, measuring, analyzing, and comparing signals in the time domain, in the frequency domain, and in the time-frequency domain. The app provides a way to work with many signals of varying durations at the same time and in the same view.
Start the app by choosing it from the Apps tab on the MATLAB® toolstrip. You can also start the app by typing
signalAnalyzer at the MATLAB command prompt.
|Signal Analyzer||Visualize and compare multiple signals and spectra|
- Using Signal Analyzer App
Visualize, measure, analyze, and compare signals in the time, frequency, and time-frequency domains.
- PASSAGGIO 1: Select Signals to Analyze
- PASSAGGIO 2: Preprocess Signals
- PASSAGGIO 3: Explore Signals
- PASSAGGIO 4: Measure Signals
- PASSAGGIO 5: Share Analysis
Spectral and Time-Frequency Analysis
- Spectrum Computation in Signal Analyzer
To compute signal spectra, Signal Analyzer finds a compromise between the best theoretical spectral resolution and the best resolution allowed by performance constraints.
- Persistence Spectrum in Signal Analyzer
The persistence spectrum contains time-dependent probabilities of occurrence of signals at given frequency locations and power levels.
- Spectrogram Computation in Signal Analyzer
To display the time-dependent spectrum of a nonstationary signal, Signal Analyzer divides the signal into overlapping Kaiser-windowed segments and computes their short-time Fourier transforms.
- Scalogram Computation in Signal Analyzer
The scalogram is useful for identifying signals with low-frequency components and for analyzing signals whose frequency content changes rapidly with time.
- Data Types Supported by Signal Analyzer
Signal Analyzer accepts vectors and matrices,
timeseriesobjects, and MATLAB timetables.
- Edit Sample Rate and Other Time Information
You can add and edit the time information in the Signal Analyzer app for any signal that is not a MATLAB timetable or a
- Signal Analyzer Tips and Limitations
Prepare data to circumvent current limitations of Signal Analyzer.
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Signal Analyzer
Use the keyboard to control the Signal Analyzer app.
- Customize Signal Analyzer
Specify line color and style, add or remove columns in the Signal table, and modify Signal Analyzer displays.