The main goal of this demo is to show how you can improve your visualization and understanding of a dynamic system that has simple second order differential equations but complex to visualize due to switching between them. By using 3D animation, you can get a much better understanding of the deformation of the ball.
The zip file contains:
1. PDf document: This walks through the modeling equations for free fall , the collision and the deformation.
2. The mdl file contains the Simulink® model that represents the above equations. We use Embedded MATLAB® to model contact and collision equations.
3. The WRL file contains the 3D world built with V-Realm Builder.
The videos walking through these steps are available here:
1. Building a Simulink Model
3. Connect SImulink Model to 3D World
Check out some other videos and product demos here:
Simulink Dude (2021). Getting Started with Simulink 3D Animation: Bouncing Ball with Deformation Demo (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/25864-getting-started-with-simulink-3d-animation-bouncing-ball-with-deformation-demo), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!