kview - Interface for signal/data easy visualization and processing
Updated 27 May 2018
KView is a GUI to help signals/data management and processing.
Find more information at: https://github.com/micoro/kview
To open the kview GUI simply use the command: kview.
There is a documentation (in development), to access it: on the GUI click info->Documentation.
* Easily plot with a simple click (with labels automatically genereted)
* Signals organized in a three level hierarchy so that they can be divided into meaningful groups
* The unit a signal is expressed in can be changed with a simple click (uses Unit Conversion Toolbox)
* Provide basic funtions for import data from file or from workspace
* It is possible to create maps to rearganize data during the import process (change names, units, apply gains...)
* It is possible to create custom functions to import data into the GUI
* The kview import and export functions (plus few others) can be issued from the command line
* Buttons can be created on the GUI to call any function: your most used functions will be easy to reach (just one click)
* Really so much more...
RIGHT-CLICK: try right clicking on some of the elements of the interface (buttons, listboxes...) and you will get a menu with more functionalities: select the X axis signal for plotting, change unit, send data to workspace and more.
SHORTCUTS: you can use the standard shortcut keys to copy (CTRL+C), paste (CTRL+V) and delete (DEL/CANC) elements in the listboxes.
GUI LAYOUT TOOLBOX: this toolbox needs the GUI Layout Toolbox. You can find it here: https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/47982-gui-layout-toolbox
Michele Oro Nobili (2023). kview - Interface for signal/data easy visualization and processing (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/67508-kview-interface-for-signal-data-easy-visualization-and-processing), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- MATLAB > App Building >
Inspired by: findjobj - find java handles of Matlab graphic objects, clickableLegend - Interactive highlighting of data in figures, Units Conversion Toolbox, GUI Layout Toolbox
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.