Capabilities and Features
Simulink® Support Package for Apple iOS lets you program and run algorithms on iPhone® and iPad® devices. The support package includes a library of Simulink blocks for accessing the device's sensors, capturing and playing audio and video, creating UI widgets and communicating with other devices through a network interface.
You can design signal or image processing algorithms and applications for Apple iOS devices from Simulink. You can monitor and fine-tune the application using the sensors of your iPhone and iPad. Then you can deploy the finished application to your Apple device with the click of a button.
The support package includes:
- Library of Simulink blocks that program your Apple iOS device I/O, including numerous input sensors such as accelerometer, camera, gyroscope, location, and output to the device display
- Interactive parameter tuning of outputs and signal monitoring of sensor inputs for applications running on your smartphone or tablet
- ThingSpeak write block to send sensor data from the device to ThingSpeak in the cloud
- Model deployment on a mobile app for standalone operation on the device. The app can include touchscreen widgets, such as sliders, buttons, scopes, and data displays, and communicate to other hardware via TCP/IP and UDP.
- Generation of Xcode compatible projects
Platform and Release Support
See the hardware support package system requirements table for current and prior version, release, and platform availability.
View enhancements and bug fixes in release notes.