Generate and Destroy Entities and Messages
Discrete-event simulations typically involve discrete items of interest, called entities in SimEvents® software. You determine what an entity signifies, based on what you are modeling. Generate entities, and inspect their structures. Use Entity Generator block to specify custom entity intergeneration times. Use Entity Terminator block to terminate entities. For more information, see Entities in a SimEvents Model.
Generate and Terminate Entities
Replicate and Copy Entities
Send and Receive Messages
Functions to open SimEvents library
- Entities in a SimEvents Model
Learn how entities fit into the modeling process.
- Inspect Structures of Entities
Inspect entity structures using these methods.
- Specify Intergeneration Times for Entities
Specify intergeneration times for entities using MATLAB® code.
- Adjust Entity Generation Times Through Feedback
This example shows a queuing system in which feedback influences the arrival rate.
- Replicate Entities on Multiple Paths
Create copies of entities.
- Generate Multiple Entities at Time Zero
Generate multiple entities at time zero using MATLAB code.
- Measure Point-to-Point Delays
Measure point-to-point delays using timers.
- Generate Entities When Events Occur
Use events to determine when to generate an entity.
- Generate Entities Carrying Nested Data Structures
Create nested data structures for entities using bus objects.