J1939 Communication over CAN, J1939 Protocol Stack
4 views (last 30 days)
I need some guidance on how to use the J1939 library for the Simulink Real-time toolbox.
I am using the previous version which is 6.7 (R2017b). There is very little documentation or example on it.
What I want to achieve is to send a CAN message on the channel 1 and receive it on channel 2.
Can anyone share a model screenshot on how to send a frame, with the setup of the different blocks.
In my model I have considered the blocks:
- J1939 Database where I added the dbc and it is fine
- J1939 Controller Application : I just used the General tabm not the Network management tab where I have put Arbitrary Address Capable, not use on the impact though
- J1939 Protocol Stack: Not sure what I can put at the input CAN Msg and N?
- J1939 Transmit message, I added the frame and it seems ok
- J1939 Receive message, I also added the same frame and the block seems ok too
At the moment with the way I configured them, I am seeing any frame sent on the bus.
Many thanks for your support.
Dimitri MANKOV on 7 Jul 2022
Hi Omar and Kenny,
Speedgoat have just released a series a product examples in the latest Speedgoat I/O Blockset version (v9.4.1), including an example showing how to use J1939 in Simulink Real-Time in R2020b and later.
You can find more information about this example here.
I hope this is helpful!