This error indicates that the MATLAB has encountered a licensing issue. Try the solutions below to resolve the error:
1. Restart MATLAB
If you have MATLAB open, close it and then open it again.
2. End the MathWorks Service Host process
- Open Task Manager. This is often done by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard
- If you do not see tabs such as "Processes" & "Performance", select "More details" in the bottom left corner of the Window.
- Navigate to the "Details" tab near the top of the Window
- Find MathWorksServiceHost
- Highlight it and select "End Task" in the bottom right corner of the Window
- Open the app Terminal by searching for it Spotlight Search. Spotlight Search is the magnifying glass in the top right corner of your Mac OS screen.
- Type in and run: killall MathWorksServiceHost
- Open Terminal. Doing this will vary depending on your Linux distribution
- Type in and run: killall MathWorksServiceHost.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the MathWorks Service Host
Follow the directions from the link below to uninstall and reinstall the MathWorks Service Host.
How do I uninstall and reinstall the MathWorks Service Host?
4. Contact Support
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please find your Service Host log files, contact MathWorks Support, and send the log files to us. If you do not know where those files might be, please view the link below:
Where are the Installation, Activation, & Service Host log files located for MATLAB?