- Enable Development Computer Communication (Windows)
- Enable Development Computer Communication (Linux)
Error when changing Speedgoat target IP address: "sshDevice error occurred during init.connect"
6 visualizzazioni (ultimi 30 giorni)
MathWorks Support Team il 2 Giu 2023
I tried to change the IP address of the Speedgoat target using the "setipaddr" function (or with the “Change IP Address” Button from SLRT Explorer) to an IP address that is not in the current subnet. E.g. from 192.168.7.5 to 192.168.8.5. However, I encounter the following error:
Unable to set IP Address on target computer 'TargetPC1': Unable
to establish root SSH connection on target computer 'TargetPC1':
sshDevice error occurred during init.connect: A connection attempt
failed because the connected party did not properly respond after
a period of time, or established connection failed because connected
host has failed to respond [system:10060]
MathWorks Support Team il 7 Lug 2023
Modificato: MathWorks Support Team il 7 Lug 2023
Most likely, the IP address of the target was successfully changed, but the subsequent SSH connection failed. This can occur if the new IP address of the target has a different subnet than the previous IP address, which will make the current Ethernet connection break.
To resolve this, try the following steps:
(1) If you have physical access to the Speedgoat target, power-cycle it and verify the current IP address from the target screen after the reboot.
(2) Adjust the host computer IP settings to match the new target IP address as explained in the links below:
(3) Verify that you can ping the target from the host computer command line. In MATLAB, you can use:
>> system('ping 192.168.7.5')
(4) If you weren't able to perform the power-cycle as described in (1), reboot the target now from the MATLAB Command Window:
Your target should be reachable and fully operating now.
If the above doesn't help, you can try to fix the IP address of an unreachable target from the target command line as described in the answer below: