- What is slower?
- How are you doing the timings?
- How are these releases installed?
- Do you have a bunch of network folders on your path?
Why does my matlab run slow?
1 view (last 30 days)
Show older comments
Why does my 2012a 32 bit linux release runs slower on my dual core 2.54ghz cpu computer than my girlfriend's 2009 windows student release on single core 2.01ghz cpu?
Sean de Wolski on 19 Dec 2012
per isakson on 19 Dec 2012
- Matlab is basically single threaded, and thus, dual core doesn't improve speed much.
- What code do you use in the comparison? That might matter.
- CPU is not the only thing that matters to speed. And GHz alone doesn't determine the speed of a cpu.
Eric Keller on 19 Dec 2012
are you displaying anything to the screen? Can you post a small bit of code that demonstrates the issue?
Find more on Introduction to Installation and Licensing in Help Center and File Exchange
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!