Updated 8 Nov 2010
In its simplest usage DIFFXY uses a second-order accurate scheme to approximate the derivative of a vector y with respect to a vector x. It differs from existing functions in the following ways:
- returns dydx having the same size as y (unlike DIFF which reduces the dimension by 1)
- special treatment of end-points for higher accuracy
- specifically built to handle unequally spaced data
DIFFXY also has the following capabilities
- x and y can be N-dimensional arrays
- operate on chosen dimension of N-d arrays
- computes higher-order derivatives via iteration
See the Help section and demo file for examples and further information.
Please suggest any improvements/report any bugs either in the comments or via email.
Darren Rowland (2023). diffxy (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/29312-diffxy), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- MATLAB > Mathematics > Linear Algebra >
Inspired by: derivative
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!
Discover Live Editor
Create scripts with code, output, and formatted text in a single executable document.