This zip-file contains c++ wrapper functions for the Microsoft Kinect, OpenNI 1.* and OpenNI 2.* libary.
This code is compatible with Matlab 32bit and 64bit, Windows, MacOs and Linux.
Note!, OpenNI 2.* only depth/video stream support.
To compile the code to mex-files use the Microsoft Visual Studio (Express) or MacOS/Linux Gcc (x64/x86) C++ compiler.
To use OpenNI version 1.* install:
- OpenNI 22.214.171.124
- NITE 126.96.36.199
- SensorKinect093 v188.8.131.52
To use OpenNI version 2.* install:
- OpenNI 2.2.0
- NITE 2.2.0
- Microsoft KinectSDK v1.7
Start Matlab, go to OpenNi1 or OpenNI2 and execute compile_cpp_files. Now the mex-files are ready to use.
- Example : Will load an recorded Kinect file, and show the depth and image movie.
- ExampleIR : Will connect to your Kinect Hardware, and show a high-res IR image.
- ExampleRS : Will show the difference between the IR reference and measurement, Depth of a ROI is equal to movement of the ROI between reference and measurement. This depth can be calculated using a horizontal "tilt and scaling" invariant normalized cross correlation (included version is not invariant).
- ExampleSK : Will show Skeleton tracking on recorded Kinect movie.
- ExampleRW: Will show a depth surface overlay-ed with the photo-camera stream in real-world coordinates (mm)
- ExampleCP : Will capture the Kinect streams to a file
Dirk-Jan Kroon (2021). Kinect Matlab (https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/30242-kinect-matlab), MATLAB Central File Exchange. Retrieved .
MATLAB Release Compatibility
Platform CompatibilityWindows macOS Linux
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Device Connection >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Acquisition Toolbox Supported Hardware > Kinect For Windows Sensor >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Processing Toolbox > Image Filtering and Enhancement > Morphological Operations >
- Image Processing and Computer Vision > Image Acquisition Toolbox > Image Data Acquisition > Acquisition Using Kinect for Windows Hardware >
Inspired: Gesture Controlled Robotic Arm Using Kinect (Simulink Support For Kinect) and Arduino, Simulink Support for Kinect, mxNiRealWorld2Pixel (an addition to the Kinect/OpenNI/NITE wrapper of D.Kroon)), Simulink for PCV (Point Cloud Viewer), Matlab Wrapper for OpenNI 2.2, Kinect_NITE_PointViewer_matlab
Community Treasure Hunt
Find the treasures in MATLAB Central and discover how the community can help you!Start Hunting!