ROS Node Generation and Deployment
ROS Toolbox enables you to generate C++ and CUDA® code for ROS nodes, and deploy them to local or remote device targets. For MATLAB® code that contains ROS interfaces, you can generate C++ code and deploy them as ROS nodes using MATLAB Coder™ (See Generate a Standalone ROS Node from MATLAB). For Simulink® models, you can generate C++ code using Simulink Coder (See Generate a Standalone ROS Node from Simulink) or optimized CUDA code using GPU Coder™, and deploy them as ROS nodes.
Deployment of ROS nodes requires transfer of files to the target ROS device through an SSH connection. Ensure that OpenSSH is installed on the target ROS device before deployment.
Deploy ROS Nodes from MATLAB
- MATLAB Programming for Code Generation
Recommended workflow for generating a standalone executable from MATLAB code that contains ROS interfaces.
- Generate a Standalone ROS Node from MATLAB
Generate C++ code for a standalone ROS node from a MATLAB function.
- Configure MATLAB Coder for ROS Node Generation
Configure MATLAB Coder configuration object for customizing ROS Node generation.
Deploy CUDA optimized ROS Nodes from MATLAB
- Generate CUDA ROS and CUDA ROS 2 Nodes Using MATLAB Coder and GPU Coder
Generate and build CUDA ROS and CUDA ROS 2 nodes from a MATLABfunction.
Deploy ROS Nodes from Simulink
- Generate a Standalone ROS Node from Simulink
Generate and build a standalone ROS node from a Simulink model.
- Enable External Mode for ROS Toolbox Models
External mode enables Simulink on your host computer to communicate with a deployed model on your robotics hardware during runtime.
- Generate Code to Manually Deploy a ROS Node from Simulink
This example shows you how to generate C++ code from a Simulink model to deploy as a standalone ROS node.
Deploy CUDA optimized ROS Nodes from Simulink
- Generate CUDA ROS Node from Simulink
Configure Simulink Coder to generate and build a CUDA ROS node from a Simulink model.
- Lane and Vehicle Detection in ROS Using YOLO v2 Deep Learning Algorithm
Use deep convolutional neural networks inside a ROS enabled Simulink model to perform lane and vehicle detection.
- Sign Following Robot Using YOLOv2 Detection Algorithm with ROS in Simulink
Use Simulink to control a simulated robot running on a separate ROS-based simulator and generate CUDA-optimized code for the ROS node, from the Simulink model, and deploy it to the localhost device.
- Automated Parking Valet with ROS in Simulink
Distribute an automated parking valet application among various nodes in a ROS network in Simulink.
- Generate ROS Node for UAV Waypoint Follower
Use MATLAB code generation to create a ROS node to move a UAV along a predefined circular path and a set of specified custom waypoints.
- Generate a ROS Control Plugin from Simulink®
Generate and build a
ros_controlplugin from a Simulink model.
- Deploy ROS Node for Sign Following Robot with Time Synchronization Using Simulink
This example shows how to use Simulink® to generate a ROS stepping enabled node and control a simulated robot running on a separate ROS-based simulator.