Trigger actions within your Stateflow® chart or other Simulink® subsystems by using events. Trigger external actions by sending events to other charts in your Simulink model. For more information on sending events to the Schedule Editor to schedule the execution of aperiodic partitions, see Events in Schedule Editor (Simulink).
|Sequence Viewer||Display messages, events, states, transitions, and functions between blocks during simulation|
|change||Generate implicit event when data changes value|
|enter||Generate implicit event when state becomes active|
|exit||Generate implicit event when state becomes inactive|
|send||Broadcast message or event|
Event Based Temporal Logic
|after||Execute chart after event broadcast or specified time|
|at||Execute chart at event broadcast or specified time|
|before||Execute chart before event broadcast or specified time|
|count||Chart executions during which condition is valid|
|every||Execute chart at regular intervals|
|temporalCount||Number of events, chart executions, or time since state became active|
- Synchronize Model Components by Broadcasting Events
Use events to communicate with Simulink and MATLAB®.
- Manage Symbols in the Stateflow Editor
Add, delete, and trace nongraphical objects.
- Set Properties for an Event
Specify event properties by using the Property Inspector or the Model Explorer.
- Activate a Stateflow Chart by Sending Input Events
Broadcast edge triggers and function calls as input events.
- Control States in Charts Enabled by Function-Call Input Events
Set the behavior of states when a function-call input event reenables a chart.
- Activate a Simulink Block by Sending Output Events
Broadcast edge triggers and function calls as output events.
- Control Function-Call Subsystems by Using bind Actions
Bind a function-call output event to the activity of a state.
- Broadcast Local Events to Synchronize Parallel States
Communicate between parallel (AND) states by making directed event broadcasts.
- Control Chart Behavior by Using Implicit Events
Trigger chart actions by changes in data values and state activity.
- Use the Sequence Viewer to Visualize Messages, Events, and Entities
View the interchange of messages, events, and functions through the Sequence Viewer block.