User-Defined MATLAB Functions
The HDL Coder block library contains many blocks that you can add to your develop your Simulink® modeling environment and develop your HDL algorithm. You can also integrate your HDL algorithm that contains MATLAB® code in the Simulink environment by using the MATLAB Function and MATLAB System blocks in the User-Defined Functions library.
To filter the Simulink Library Browser to show only HDL-supported blocks, enter
Supported Block Library
Modeling MATLAB Functions
- MATLAB Function Block Design Patterns for HDL
Design patterns that will help you to use advanced MATLAB Function block features.
- Design Guidelines for the MATLAB Function Block
Recommended option settings and procedures for MATLAB Function blocks for optimal HDL code generation.
- HDL Applications for the MATLAB Function Block
The MATLAB Function block and its application in HDL code generation.
Generate HDL Code from MATLAB Functions
- Code Generation from a MATLAB Function Block
Step-by-step tutorial shows how to incorporate a MATLAB Function block into your model for code generation.
- Generate Instantiable Code for Functions
Generate Verilog® module or VHDL® entity in HDL code for functions.
- Viterbi Decoder with the MATLAB Function Block
hdlcoderviterbi2models a Viterbi decoder, incorporating a MATLAB Function block for use in simulation and HDL code generation.
- Bitwise Operations in MATLAB for HDL and SystemC Code Generation
HDL Coder™ supports bit shift, bit rotate, bit slice operations that mimic HDL-specific and SystemC-specific operators without saturation and rounding logic.
Specialized semantics impact the way that a function initializes persistent data.