Visualize, measure, and analyze multichannel signal transitions
Logic Analyzer is a software component in DSP System Toolbox™ and SoC Blockset™, and is one in a set of multichannel streaming scopes. Engineers use Logic Analyzer to visualize, measure, and analyze transitions and states over time for multichannel signals or streaming data. The tool is used during simulation with MATLAB® and Simulink®.
With Logic Analyzer, engineers examine system behavior by analyzing multiple waveforms, timing information, and states in a customized window display or scope. The logic analyzer shows digital and analog signals for the input and output characteristics of a mixed-signal system. This analysis is also helpful when debugging models targeted for HDL implementation on FPGA, ASIC, or SoC ARM® Cortex® boards.
Logic Analyzer provides several properties and features including:
- Broad support for input data types
- Analog and digital data display formats
- Data viewing with a variety of radices: binary, hex, octal, asigned/unsigned decimal for fixed point
- Signal display in different radices with other related signals
- Sample time
- Timing cursors
- Time offset
- Time span
- Channel font size and color
For more information on Logic Analyzer, see its reference documentation pages in DSP System Toolbox or SoC Blockset.
Top right: Utilizing waveform groups to analyze an LTE OFDM modulator and detector.
Bottom right: Measuring the amount of time between pixel control bus horizontal start signals from Vision HDL Toolbox™.
Bottom left: Single-precision floating-point data types displayed as analog waveforms for a field-oriented control design.
Examples and How To
- Visualizing Multiple Signals Using Logic Analyzer - Example
- Generate HDL Code for Programmable FIR Filter - Example
- Using HDL Optimized CRC Library Blocks - Example
- Using HDL Optimized RS Encoder/Decoder Library Blocks - Example
- Spectrum Analyzer Measurements - Example
- Display Frequency-Domain Data in Spectrum Analyzer - Example
- Display Time-Domain Data - Example
- Logic Analyzer in MATLAB - Documentation
- Scopes and Data Logging - Documentation
- Time Scope in MATLAB - Documentation
- Time Scope in Simulink - Documentation
- Spectral Analysis - Documentation
- Spectrum Analyzer in MATLAB - Documentation
- Spectrum Analyzer in Simulink - Documentation
See also: spectrum analyzer software, hardware design