Speedgoat target computers, I/O modules, and driver software are designed to work together with Simulink® and Simulink Real-Time™. Together, they form a complete environment for rapid control, DSP, and vision prototyping; hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) simulation; structural test; and small- to medium-quantity embedded deployments.
Each target machine is assembled and tested to meet your specific project needs. Speedgoat works to ensure that the systems not only work at the hardware level (for example, by providing adequate I/O and protocol support), but that they also perform at the application level (for example, by ensuring that deterministic sample rates and environmental requirements are met). Complementary systems-engineering services for complete rack set ups, factory acceptance testing, and on-site services are available.
Use MATLAB Coder™, Simulink Coder™, or HDL Coder™ with real-time target machines from Speedgoat to run and embed real-time applications created from Simulink.
An integral part of Speedgoat target machines are I/O modules, which support a wide range of I/O and communication protocols.
I/O support includes:
- Analog I/O: AD, DA, DMA, 16-24 bit, with optional configurable FPGAs
- Digital: TTL, RS422, LVDS, MGTs, with optional configurable FPGAs
- PWM generation and capture
- Encoder measurement and simulation (quadrature, SSI, SSI2, EnDat 2.2, BiSS)
- Temperature measurement and simulation: thermocouples, RTD (PT100/PT1000), NTCs
- Strain gauge and pressure measurement and simulation
- IEPE/ICP® vibration measurements
- Resistor, potentiometer, and reed relays (SPDT, DPST, SPST)
- LVDT, RVDT, Synchro, and Resolver measurement and simulation
- Cam and crank measurement and emulation
- Shared/reflective memory (ScramNet, PIORC5565)
- Fault/signal insertion switches
Protocol support includes:
- CAN, CANopen, LIN, SAE J1939
- Serial UART (RS232, RS422, RS485), and SDLC/HDLC
- SPI Master and SPI Slave
- I2C Master and I2C Slave
- Real-Time UDP, and Real-Time Raw Ethernet
- EtherCAT® Master and EtherCAT Slave
- Ethernet/IP™ Scanner (Master) and Ethernet/IP Adapter (Slave)
- PROFIBUS Master and PROFIBUS Slave
- PROFINET Master and PROFINET Slave
- Ethernet POWERLINK Master and Ethernet POWERLINK Slave
- Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU
- XCP Master and XCP Slave over CAN and Ethernet
- MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC-429
- IRIG and Precision Time Protocol (PTP), IEEE 1588
- USB web cam and CameraLink