- General resource requirements for parallel computing
- Maximum of 1 MATLAB worker per physical CPU core is recommended.
- Minimum of 2 GB RAM per MATLAB worker is recommended. If you are using Simulink, 4GB RAM per worker is recommended.
- Requirements for supporting the local scheduler
- Minimum of 5 GB of disk space is recommended to accommodate temporary data directories.
- If you are using Linux or Macintosh, and will create large parallel pools of workers, it is recommended that you adjust your operating system limits. For more information, see Recommended System Limits for Macintosh and Linux.
- Requirements for GPU Computing
- Requirements for scaling across multiple computers in a cluster or cloud
- MATLAB Parallel Server extends the constructs of parallel computing to clusters and clouds.
Eligible for Use with MATLAB Compiler, MATLAB Compiler SDK, and Simulink Compiler
MATLAB Compiler, MATLAB Compiler SDK, and Simulink Compiler cannot be used within Parallel Computing Toolbox workers to generate deployable applications.
Interactive Support for Transformation Programs
Use of MATLAB Coder, Simulink Coder, Embedded Coder, GPU Coder, HDL Coder, Filter Design HDL Coder, Simulink PLC Coder, Simulink Design Verifier, and Simulink Code Inspector, is only available through interactive parpool sessions. Client access licenses may be required.